Thursday, September 1, 2016

What have I learned so far...

Being a few weeks into the new job, I am noticing a few things.
  • Teaching HS is much different than teaching MS.
  • It is really nice walking into a building where I already know students and teachers
  • What has been taught and how it was taught has a direct impact on what is currently being taught. 
  • There is a huge disconnect between Elementary, MS, and HS.  I am not sure where the breakdown is occurring or why it happens (at no fault of any teacher -- I believe it is a systems thing!) 
  • I am missing my peeps at the MS but I do enjoy my current colleagues!
  • I am really in love with Desmos Classroom Activities -- these activities get kids to actually think!  And think hard!  I have not heard one negative thing about them -- and I doubt I do!  


I am excited about this new change because after hearing and contemplating about Dan Meyer's Math Class Needs a Makeover -- I have madeover my math class and am loving it! 


We even did a Breakout Edu session today!  The kids loved it! I am looking forward to creating a review using these ideas for the next unit.  


I am noticing it is starting off to be a good year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment